LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hazel Miranda (BA)     03 December 2012

Can the society me from having a terrace garden

We have some plants in the terrace attached to our flat. I was approached by our secretary, asking me to take away all those plants, and that he did not allow anyone else to raise plants, so there was no question of allowing us too. What surprises me is that, only 2 flats in our society have a terrace attached. The secretary said he would not allow to keep such heavy plants on the terrace, pointing to a chajja that he had instructed the owner to remove all the potted plants placed on the chajja. Is a chajja not structurally differnet from a terrace? Can the society stop me from having plants on the attached terrace and on what grounds?

Learning

1 Replies

Santosh Sharda (self)     14 December 2012

This type of dispute is not a dispute but a created dispute. It is more in the nature of a 'ego problem'.  In such a case, he will have to proceed before the Registrar with proper evidence from an expert that your action is indeed causing a damage to the stability of the building. Pots of plants do not normally do that, unless you have been careless in allowing water to stagnate causing leakage etc, or using big size plants causing such a damagae. If you find on your own or from that report that your action is causing damage, it is expected of you also to avoid this damage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register