LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Can my beautiful cruel wife claim my shelter?

Page no : 2

SuperHero (Manager)     27 February 2016

Originally posted by : Shobit Dua
Thank you Sidharth Ji,

I am still very curious to understand why many senior members in this forum suggested to  transfer then property before any litigation.

I also read my posts where in husband transfer their property. I would really like to know this to clear my confusion.

I request Mrs .Renuka Ji & other seniors to give their opinion

Thanks in advance

In general the Lawyers will request the party to know the other parties assets and so on.

So they will add the properties in the case and the case will dragggggggggggggggggg onnn..

Your Child has all the rights on your properties..

Especially In INDIA laws, courts will take for ever....

There are cases where Grand Parents have died and the Civil cases such as on properties are going on...

Again Property bought after marriage generally Wife and Husband name will be included because she is your life Partner.. unless and until there is TRUST.

Once the Trust is broken it is highly irreparable. It is like Once a Egg is broken it can't be put back and broken again. Hope you understood my point...

2 Like

Born Fighter (xxx)     29 February 2016



Read my reply carefully


  1. More the rich a man is by virtue of assets/properties , more is the interest of the wife's lawyer and the wife in filing false cases and delay the court case so that the husband gets frustrated and succumbs to the huge alimony amount that wife demands to free the husband. There are many lawyers who claim a percentage share out of one time settlement amount given by husband apart from the regular fees per hearing. 
  2. According to law your wife cannot claim your property. Only if she had contributed to the purchase of the house she can claim a share.  Wife has residential rights at matrimony house, thats all.
  3. Your wife , if she is cunning can file DV/498a --  false cases (to put pressure/harass on you ) . If you are willing to face litigation then relax ....your wife cant snatch the properties anyways or extract money by legal extortion. Here you be ready to waste 6-8yrs of your career/life roaming around the court rooms.
  4. If you want to free yourself then better take your wife back (she has yet not filed any case and let me tell you there is no guarantee your 2nd wife (if u ever get married again) will be a goodwife but can ruin ur life, with the help of these unbiased laws. Take the help of elders and fugure out if reconciliation is possible....
  5. My advice there is no harm transferring the properties as there is no court case yet, by doing this ur wife will get the message that ur not going to surrender and will fight tooth and nail.....
  6. Dont waste time , either take ur wife back or leave her ....time is ticking .....before the opposite lawyer plays need to act
1 Like

Shobit Dua   29 February 2016

Experts, you are doing awesome job. Very informative. I met many lawyers but they all failed to explain me in such detail.

 Truly appreciate your efforts. God bless you all.

Shobit Dua   16 March 2016

Hi Experts,

As suggested by you, I went for the mediation unfortunately, meditator is fresher to law and not experienced. He is not even married to understand our concerns.. We were putting allegations on each other and he was not able to settle things. Anyways, now we have another date. Bottom line is my wife still have ego.

Coming back to property, A lawyer suggested me to create WILL on my mother's name. Is that right move? I know this sound wired but I  want to safeguard my mother if anything goes wrong.

So my plan is to keep my wife in rented home and rent my house and create WILL on the name of my mother. Does it sound working. Can that WILL work if anything goes wrong with me?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query