LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raya raj   02 November 2020

can I transfer property without my sister signature

I Bought house on my mother name 10 years ago, now I want to transfer the house from my mother's name to my name through settlement deed. It's self acquaired property. I have one married sisters and we are not in good terms. Now the question is without her signature can we transfer the property to my name?. As Please help me the procedure and provide how to transfer the property to my name through deed without sister signature. Thank you.


 6 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     03 November 2020

Let your mother execute Gift Deed in your favour and ask your sister to sign the Deed as witness. 

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 November 2020

The problem is sister is now not on good terms and by asking her to sign, brother may be giving a clue on her likely rights.

Sridaran Ganapathysubramanian   03 November 2020

Even though you bought the property in ur mothers name from out of ur own amount,Still ur mother only absolute owner property,she has got every right gift the property with out getting any permission from ur sister.Ur sister has no right to question ur mother about the property and also claim share in the property.U need not get any attestation from ur sister in the gift deed.

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 November 2020

Yes, your mother can dispose the property in your favour. Irrespective of the real title to the property, your sister has no right or share therein during the mother's lifetime.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 November 2020

I agree with experts advise. 

Your mother is absolute owner of the property and she can dispose it during her life time.

Get a gift deed executed and registered in your name.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     06 November 2020

Coin has both sides.So teoubles may arise for a claim by sister.Being your own sister, try to convince her trough you mother, not sharing the property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query