Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NARINDER KUMAR   26 August 2020

Can i sell my property

Hello, My father died in 2005 and he did a registered will in 2001 and according to the will he gave me his 100 percent share in his property and all assests he had. our property was owned 50 percent by me and 50 percent by my dad before his death , and after his death according to the will i became owner of his share of the property as well. in 2009 my sister filed a case against me demanding her share in the property challenging the will. the case is still in court since last 12 years and there is no stay and has never been any stay on the property. I now want to sell the property. Can i do that?


 2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     26 August 2020

No. you cannot sell it. when the case is pending with the honourable court.

{Balu manikantan} SUBRAMANYAM (Practising Advocate)     26 August 2020

Mere filing a case will not prohibit a person from selling the property. 

You are free to sell the property.

But inform the Buyer that a frivolous case has been initiated by your sister just to trouble you.

If the WILL written by your father is  a registered WILL then the buyer will Buy it without any fear.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query