Upgrad LLM

can i register a criminal case directly in high court.

Hi ,

   I want to register a complaint against a gangster. He has well organized network across south indian states and even uses nri's abroad.

Can i register a complaint directly in Hyderabad high court , because if i approach the local police, they might influence and its risky.

He has been harrassing me for the past few years and tried to kill me few times, but i escaped luckily. After so many years im ready to file a case against him.

Please let me know how to proceed with. Any experienced lawyers in handling similar cases,  please help.



Hi, please note, a criminal complaint can only be instituted in the district court first, only it's appeal may go to High Court. You may consider filing a private complaint by moving to the nearest judicial magistrate u/s 200 of the CrPC. Section 190(1) of it lays down that any Magistrate of the first class or any Magistrate of the second class empowered by the chief judicial magistrate can take cognizance of an offense and thereby direct the police to investigate into the offense u/s 156(3) of the CrPC.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x