Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjeev001 (executive)     04 September 2011

Can i file case against air india for not informing about

Dear sir,

I was selected as cabin crew in airindia in the year 2004, after interview, written tests and medical checkup, i was put in the final waiting list category of selected candidates, and i was informed that i will be called when the requirement comes up, subsequently, from 2004 to 2009, i was in constant touch through telephone with HR at air india, and they kept informing me that i will be called when the requirement comes up, however i was never called, and simultaneously i was also told by them that i have to maintain my prescribed weight need to fly as cabin crew, i followed thier instructions and maintained my weight below 80 kgs for 4 long years, despite being 6 feet in height, my necessary weight required was actually more than 90 kgs as per my height, but as per air india standards, it required to be below 80 kgs, i maintained my weight below 80 kgs for 4 long years, however i was never informed that the list was scrapped, finally i filled an RTI application, where i found that the list has been scrapped 3 years ago itself.

I would therefore be highly obliged if some kind person here could please guide me if i can file a case of mental and physical harrassment by air india for not informing me of the scrapping of the list and  asking me to maintain  my weight for 4 long years to be eligible to join. My health deteriorated from there onwards and lost 4 years of my career due to waiting for an appointment letter

I hope someone guides me in this matter

Thanks and regards

sanjeev

Learning

2 Replies

Rajender Dahiya (Partner/Advocate)     04 September 2011

surely we can sue them provided the letter which was given by them speaaks about your rights in case they do not select you..... First Lus us see that letter and RTI reply then the plan of action against them will be decided.

Rajender Dahiya\ Advocate

+91 9560900283

(Guest)

If you have any written correspondence between air india and you, your case can be strong. Otherwise phonic communications may not provide you any help.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register