Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sumeet Ganguly   15 June 2018

can I file at bombay high court for injunction for a film production house based in kolkata?

Hi I live in Mumbai. A production house based in Kolkata is violating my intellectual property rights/ (matter of privacy/trade mark) and hence I have been advised by my lawyer to file for injunction at the Bombay High Court to stop the release of this film. however he is not sure as the production house is based in Kolkata, he suggests that we plead to bombay high court to grant us permission to fight the case here in Mumbai rather than Kolkata as the production house is based in kolkata. I wanted to know if it is possible for me to fight this case from Bombay High Court as travelling to Kolkata and fighting the case there will turn out to be an expensive affair.
Please advice.

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     15 June 2018

Section 16 of the Civil Procedure Code is as follows:
"Suits to be instituted where subject matter situate:­ Subject to the pecuniary and other limitations prescribed by any law, suits

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     15 June 2018

no, you can't file case at Mumbai.

Imran Ahmad Abbasi (ADVOCATE)     17 June 2018

file your case at Kolkata High Court. Travelling is not an excuse for filing a case at wrong forum..and you dont have to travel all the time except only when your presence is required. for seeking a lawyer in Kolkata High court let me know in case you need help..imran Ahmad Abbasi Adv Supreme Court of India 9818838183

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register