Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PRASHANT RAJPUT   08 December 2020

Can I enroll for BAR at 2 different states?

Can I enroll in two states at the same time?
I'm from Delhi but I want to practice at Jaipur High Court too in addition to Delhi.

 3 Replies

175B083 Mahesh P S   09 December 2020


Yes you can,

In order to practice in a state other than the registered state the advocate needs to register himself in the respective Bar Council of the state where he wants to practice. Without registering with the State Bar Council the advocate cannot practice. He needs to complete the registration process and pay the registration fees. An advocate can be a member of multiple State Bar Councils but he has to pay the annual fees of all the State Bar Council to continue his membership in those councils.


Raghav Arora   09 December 2020

Some states mandate leaving the last state of practice and furnishing a communication about the same from the Bar of that state. You should read the rules that come along with the registration form. There you will find the right answer. You may even directly call the Bar offfice. 

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     10 December 2020

You can enrol yourself as an advocate with jurisdictional State Bar Council in terms of Section 24 of the Advocates Act, 1961 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query