LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kamlanth (sse)     31 December 2012

Can i buy property in my mother/father name to save it from

Dear Ma'am s/Sirs, I might be going to face a 498A/DV act/maintenance against me by my in-laws. My so called wife and her father got this marriage with solely intention of extort money from me. My wife never stayed with me after marriage and we had no physical relation so far, I even not touched her so far. I have under construction property in my name,since my in-laws have eyes on it as they wanted see that property and its documents right after I got marriage. Please advice if I can sell out that property and buy a new one in name of my mother/father/brother/etc.[pls note no case has filed yet.]


 11 Replies

rajiv_lodha (zz)     01 January 2013

Yes, if u r sure that property is at stake n ur inlaws have an eye o that; better sell if off & make new purchase in Father's /Mother's name. Rest u know that tax treatment is ur headache.

Why nt sell it off to mother directly, get registered deed too

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     01 January 2013

rather sell them at lowest prices to your mom and father and do it fast before she files the cases. becauseonce the cases filed, property realting to you is attached.

JANAK RAJ VATSA (ADVOCATE)     01 January 2013

sell to it your parents immidiately before the case is filed

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 January 2013

Then at later days who will save the property from your brothers and sisters if it is in the name of mother and father.  What happens if at later stage mother and mother turn hostile to you (possible happnes).

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     01 January 2013

1. Yes. Sell it off  officially,

2. After some time show that sales proceed given to your father as loan,

3. Get anothet house purchased by your father with the said amount lent by you,

4. Get  a Will written by your father duly witnessed by your brthers & sisters, if any, in your favour thereafter.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 January 2013

anssuch will can be changed any time.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     03 January 2013

Sudhir! I find nothing wrong here as reported by you.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 January 2013

Yes I believe the admin has taken care and removed objectionable post. The objectionable comment on profile has also been removed. 


Certainly admin is interested to maintain dignity of this forum

Advocate. Arunagiri (Advocate High Court Madras.)     05 January 2013

It is a nice move on the part of the admin to remove the objectionable posts. I have taken notice that the admin is taking efforts in maintaining the dignity of this forum.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     05 January 2013

Arunaigiri! It is more welcome step that you are here after a long long gap. Come on friend.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 January 2014

he is again welcome after an years on

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads