Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Can dv and 498a run simultaneously?

Page no : 2

Manav Kalia (Arguing my own cases..)     13 December 2011

Many thanks to tajobs for his well researched input. Both the SC versions espouse my cause. Interesting difference is punishment vs prosecution in the two versions. One question here, a constitutional right violation is argued in HC or SC? Many thanks again @ tajobs, btw your pm on Mc Naughton's rule and sec 81 were of great help to me in my case. I take your point about being party in person, but since as you very well know no lawyer, including the ones here, can give me any instance of any case against brain stroke patient, might as well argue my own case since no lawyer has any experience in my peculiar and unique case domain. The legal procedures and nuances, I get tremendous assistance from people here, namely shonee and tajobs. Rest the law is supposed to be common sense which is not very common from my experience with some lawyers and judges. Let's see how it works out. Anyways many thanks once again to tajobs and the others in this post.. :-)

Victim498A (Resource Manager)     25 April 2012

Me and my wife living at my own flat in Chaitanyapuri, Hyderabd.  My in laws live at 12 kms away from our house. My leaves my company and leaves with her parents house frequently months together.  I am suffering for food. In the month of July 2011, I issued a divorce notice mentioning the same cause. Then my father in-law and my brother in-law both visited my house and assured this will not repeat and she joined my company.  Again on 2.1.2012 she went her parents house  started staying there.  After a month neighbours of my house asked me the reason and I explained.  The went her house and tried to convince her but she is reluctant. I decided to file divorce, my father as a last chance visited elder brother of my father in law house and bought the matter his notice. He also expressed his inability.  On 28.2.2012, I filed divorce petition mentioning the above facts including my efforts of reunion.  She received the summons on 14.3.2012 and on 16.3.2012 she filed a complaint against me U/S 498a and 506 that I am demanding additional dowry of Rs. 3,00,000/- at Women PS, Saroornagar, Hyderabad.  Subsequently I was remanded for 6 days and released on conditional bail. I did not do any mediation after and was silent.  Late she filed a DV complaint against me at Protection Officer, RR District mentioning s*xual harrasment. In her DV complaint she did not mentioned any dowry harrasment or a complaint lodged under 498a or the                  

or I was remanded. In her complaint also she did not used the word dowry or I harrased her for dowry.  How can I proceed now.  What option I have to come out of both the cases.  In her 498a complaint also she did not mentioned that she received divorce summons. Please advise me....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register