LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NiTin GuPta   19 October 2021

Can a widow hindu woman having no child can write a will of its acquired property from husband?

Hello expert

My question is can a hindu widow woman having no child can write a will and give away through will of her property (acquired from her husband after death) to a unknown person?

Is the property acquired from her husband comes under definition of self acquired property?

If yes? if the husband's family members file a suit against the benificiary, the suit is maintainable in the court?

Learning

6 Replies

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     19 October 2021

How she acquired the property of her husband: testament or gift or otherwise?

1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 October 2021

yes.the property acquired from her husband comes under definition of self acquired property subject to the mutation in municipal records. She can write a WILL. 

1 Like

NiTin GuPta   19 October 2021

Hello pradipta ji. Actually i don't know about that but all the property papers,khatonis are in the name of widow woman now.
Rama charry ji could you please tell me the section no for self acquired property definition so that i can read it in detail. Thanks for replying. ☺️

Shashi Dhara   19 October 2021

She is lr of her husband's property along with her mil if she is alive ,if not she is sole successor and she  can dispose it as per her wishes ,if her husband's relativez question let they go to court ,defend it .

1 Like

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     19 October 2021

Mutation does not confer title. Please find out the mode of her transfer.

1 Like

NiTin GuPta   20 October 2021

Pradipta ji- one thing for sure that she has not got it by gift or will. Then will this comes under self acquired property?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register