Upgrad LLM

can a rectified return u/s 154 be revised u/s 139(4)?

Mr X have filed ITR-1 for AY 14-15 within due date. He has claimed relief u/s 89(1) in the ITR which was not correct. As a reuslt the same was disallowed by CPC in the 143(1) initmation order. Later on, he applied for rectification of return u/s 154 online by correcting the amount of relief u/s 89(1). However the rectification was rejected and the case was transferred to the jurisdictional Assessing Officer. Can Mr X now revise the return instead of applying for rectification u/s 154 to Jusrisdictional A.O. WIll CPC will process the revised return or CPC will reject the return stating that rectification of the original return is still pending with AO? 

Read more at: http://www.caclubindia.com/forum/can-a-rectified-return-u-s-154-be-revised-u-s-139-4--333606.asp


You should submit your request/query to CA Club.


Yes , you can revise your return.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x