Buying property owned by a religious trust

After showing the property papers to a local lawyer I was advised to seek advice from a senior lawyer as the property I am interested in buying belongs to a religious trust. How does one go about buying a property like this? What additional documents do I need as an individual and is is safe to invest in such a property. 

Thank you




Ask the trust to share their trust deed.

Ask the trust to share their board resolution and approval for selling the property.

Ask them to share their POA holder's name and under which authority he holds the same! Whether the same is registered or not? If not ask them to register first.

Afterwards give a public notice, so that anyone wishes to dispute the selling can give you notice accordingly!

Do proper searching.

If everything goes well, please process for the sale. Once Sale concludes, please take immediate possession.



A property belongs to trust ( Religious and Cha

Reply Mumbai : 9820174108

1. A Trust CANNOT sell its property ONLY "AFTER" taking written permission from the local Charity Commissioner or the Trust Registering Authority or Civil Court.

2. Coordinate with a local Property Lawyer, with all the available documents, ask for his "Search Report", based on which he will advice you on the Sale-Purchase Transactions.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal 


Please take your auditor with you to check the Balance sheet for the past 10 years. check what type of trust, education, religious.... people buy trust for their money to come in....if not money then they can start their own trust.

How to get court order after obtaining a registered deed of adoption at Patna, Bihar



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x