Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harsh Garg   01 March 2020

Building damaged and building owner not ready to repair it.

Hi All,

I have a shop at ground floor of a two story building. The building belong to a person who has his shop next to mine.. The building is really bad shape with cracks on the roof and also the water leakage is also a major challenge.. Whenever we consult the owner to get the repairing done they keep making excuses that we will do it later n they have been delaying it since more than 7 months and above.. Today it rained alot in delhi and therfore a misshappening happened that a piece of rock from the second floor lenter fell on my counter and it was so heavy that it created a whole in the counter if at all thr would have been a person standing near to the counter he would have been hospitalised.. But the owner still makes a remak stating that it fell from 2nd floor and not the first floor which is attached to my shop and added that she will do it after holi.. Kindly suggest what best can be done to make sure that this stupid lady learns a lesson.. All the people who have shops saw what happened but no one wants to say a word as the owner doesn't want to spend a penny on the repairs irrespective of the fact that it may cost someone his or her life. I feet like killing her but controlled my emotions as society wants us to be sensible irrespective of the fact that other person doesn't care about your life neither someone else's life..

Please suggest on the plan of action. I just can't delay on this.. Please help urgently...

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 March 2020

You can take photo graphs of the old building and send the same to the local municipal administration office. They will send a notice to the building owner for their explanation. If they do not satisfy by seeing building structure status, the administration may take action on building owner. Act immediately before loss of any life. 

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     01 March 2020

1.  In addition to the above suggestion, you compell the LandLord to repair the building, by filing a local Civil Court proceedings for Damages caused to you and for directions to the Land Lord to repair the building.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register