builder not refunding money

hi i booked an appartment two years ago ,signed agreement but without searching or valuation unfortunately .i paid the builder throuh rtgs .Then i went to bank for finance but they refused to pay in the ground that the land is disputed.Then i called the builder and he too failed to satisfy the quiries of manager and then they give me a letter telling the reasons for which they are not giving us the opportunity to avail homeloan and immediately i called the devloper
n cancel the booking from then we conversed many times over phone regarding the booking amount n every time he assured us to pay the money and each time he presents some novel way and now after 2years stll i did not receive money but recently i found he himself occupying the home yet not paying,so what should do,please

Total likes : 1 times


Issue legal notice to builder and demand your maney ( paid as advance ) if builder fails to comply with notice than file complaint against builder before District Consumer Forum .As builder's such act comes under purview of deficiency of services and unfair trade practice.


Retired employee.

Contact a local advocate and explore all alternates including a criminal complaint for hastening the process of refund. First, issue a legal notice and then file a complaint before District Forum as a party in person so that the total expenditure may be negligible.  Hunt for such victims and if there are few the expenses can be shared and group strength is more powerful than individual fight with such a mighty builder.

Practicing Advocate

Dear Client,  Contact the Local advocate. Send him to notice. and then File a complaint against the builder in the district court for not returning your money you have proof that you paid to him through RTGS.

Please Click the Like Button.


The best option for you is to immediately approach RERA with your grievances. Do not waste time. 


You can claim your money back within three years of so this is the last year. You better complaint to Rera Authority it will take less time then consumer court.
Advocate and Legal Consultant

Very well advised by experts, I concur.

Issue a demand notice followed by consumer complaint or suit for recovery or petitiion under the provisions of RERA through a local prudent lawyer. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x