LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vasamsetti Surya kumari   23 January 2021

Brother owed property by cheating sister

Hi sir. My name is kavita. I have one elder brother. My died in my childhood. My father have properties which are granted from my grandfather. 2yrs back my mother died, she have property as a house which is granted from my grandmother. After my mother died my brother owed all my father's n mother's property by cheating me. Is any chance to get my mother property back to me if I have go for court. My brother took signed in property documents with me. Please suggest me.

Learning

4 Replies

175B083 Mahesh P S   23 January 2021

Hello,
What did you mean by the sentence “My brother took signed in property documents with me” if you could please elaborate we could assist you better. As far the property from both sides is concerned you have equal right to it as your brother. Since you’re the only two children you’re each entitled to a share.

Kindly go through the link below for more input on the same:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/articles/the-right-to-coparcenary-property-of-daughters-settled-yet-unsettled--9098.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/articles/hindu-daughters-right-to-share-in-ancestral-property-6825.asp

Thank you

Vasamsetti Surya kumari   23 January 2021

We have properties two house and one Arce paddy field. He made all three properties in one document and he said to me I am registering half acre paddy field to as our mother promised to you as marriage gift so please signup on these documents he said. I believed his words and I signed on documents at register office and came back. Next day my grandmother called me said my you signed on documents for your brother he cheated you and owed all properties. I asked my brother is it true he said yes you don't have no rights now on all properties it's my properties. This is happen. Is there any chance  I can get my rights back on properties if I go to court.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 January 2021

Vague and confusing statement(s).

Show the documents to a local prudent lawyer for appreciation, analyses, guidance and necessary proceeding.

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 January 2021

Yes, no meaningful suggestion is possible unless the documents are perused.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register