LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rohit84 (n/a)     29 December 2007

Breaking the employment agreement.. plz help


i joined xyz company last june and according to the appointment letter it says that training will be for 1 year and if the employee leaves the company within a year , he should repy all the payments given to him + 5000.... i worked for 8 months and i quit the company b'cause the company was really bad and i started getting health problems because of the heat generated in the industry.
I sent my resignation thro email n i got a letter saying to pay the 8 months salary. i ignored the letter.

Now after 10 months, they have again sent a letter saying to pay the amount or else legal action wud be taken.. it comes to around 80,000

Plz help. i have not signed in any bond paper or revenue stamp. does the points in appointment letter alone stand good to put a case against me.

Plz help me out.. as the amount asked is too huge.... can i fight it out.??


 6 Replies

rohit84 (n/a)     29 December 2007

Kindly help.... anyone thr..?? plz

S M JILANI (n/a)     07 January 2008

yes need to know the solution to above query. Also when the employee has signed the appointment letter with a proffesional commitment to serve the company for a specific period, without any further conditions, can he leave the company within that period.
someone experts in such matter plz post ur reply

Shambasiv (n/a)     07 January 2008

In case of any contract to such effect then your likelihood of succeeding in the court of law is minute. Better negotiate and pay some amount as in case of any suit the interest penidng the suit and the litigation cost have to be paid by you.

prabhu selvarasu (advocate)     08 January 2008

Do you sighned any agreemet


kinis (n/a)     10 January 2008

Hi Rohit,

If you have not signed any agreement then don't worry at all. The company is just threatening you for paying the bond amount.

If you signed any agreement then also don't take any tension. If company claimed or case against you then law always take side of employee and if you tell in the court (in case of case lodged by the company) you left the organization bcoz of exploitation of the Seniors and employer then its enough to save you.

Generally company take original certificates before signing the bond. I want to suggest you that if you have submitted original academic certificates (what you have not explained ) and if you want to get it back then and only then go for negotiation. 



sanjay krishnan (n/a)     23 January 2008

tell us what was the training for? whether at all there was a training? Did that training enhance your knowledge and career in any manner? or was it an employment and the initial year was just termed a training to retain you for a longer period? have you replied to the notice if not then why? You should reply the notice immediately to protect you interest. Seek a advice of a lawyer in your local limit.

If you provide details i shall try to help you.

Do not worry and take care.

Thank You,

Sanjay Krishnan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query