LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priya (QE)     28 April 2014

Boundaries mentioned wrong in property(flat) registered

The boundaries mentioned for my flat in the registration is wrong. What can I do to correct it? Will that involve re-registration, including paying the registration amount again?


 9 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     28 April 2014

It is only misdescripttion of property , there is no need to go for re  registration, rectification deed is enough.

Mahesh R. Sonawane (Lawyer/Fight for justice)     28 April 2014

you have to register correction deed  in registrar office...

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     28 April 2014

Submit rectification deed in sub registrar office.

shanmugam lakshmanan (senior)     29 April 2014

Descripttion of Boundaries is most important in title deed. You must rectify the defect  by way of rectification deed to be executed by your vendor and you. The Registrar will collect differential amount of stamp duty payable on the date of rectification. 

Lawyer SALEEMA (Advocate Madras High Court & Legal Consultant Chennai Law in Law Firm. +91-9698884779)     05 May 2014

Rectification deed should be executed and got registered at the earliest opportunity, to avoid future risk.


In case the sale deed happened to be executed recently say a week/month, then you need not to worry about the stamp duty, it would be only a meagre amount say Rs.100/- or less.  Contrarily, if the sale deed happened very long period.  The sub registrar would collect the differential value by calculating the value of the property with the present guideline value and the guideline value at the time of registration. 

Your rectification deed should clearly narrate the error occurred and the error to be rectified etc.

Rajiv Chauhan (Advocate) (Advocate (Shimla) 7833999000)     10 May 2014

I agree with all the above Ld Advocates replies,


Rajiv Chauhan

Advocate, Shimla HImachal Pradesh

Priya (QE)     02 June 2014

In the rectification deed, should my age be the current age or my age as per the registration? Similarly my residential address has also changed. Should I be registering the rectification deed with all data as of today?

Kamlesh (Startup)     27 January 2015


I have a small query regarding rectification deed in property document. Please advise

We have a residential property land in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. There is slight error in schedule describing the boundaries of the house, which was brought to our notice recently. We are planning to rectify the mistake legally.

The sale deed was registered in Chennai Registrar office in the year 2010 at some xxx guideline value as defined by TN Govt.

We were told by some people that, if we are filing rectification deed now, we also have to pay the difference in guideline value of property from 2010 till 2015, along with stamp duty fees and charges for Rectification deed.


Please advise,




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register