LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Brami   27 October 2021

Bought a flat in 5th floor in grama panchayat

Hi sir,

I bought a flat and got registered by builder at sub registrar office, and it is in 5th floor of an apartment, which is in a grama panchayat(in Hyderabad). I got to know that only G+2 constructions are allowed in Grama Panchayats.

Now, one of our flat owner threatening me that he is going to the court against me on illegal construction's sale deed. How to face this issue?



 1 Replies

Anusha Singh   27 October 2021

As per your query it is understood that you need information regarding the apartment in gram panchayat in Telangana.

The building in which you are buying a flat at 5th floor is approved for only G+2 so far. It means that builder is now taking a permission for increasing the height in it from the Directorate of town and country planning (DTCP) or Urban Development Authority (UDA) as the case may be in Bachupally Mandal which actually falls under Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC).

The Panchayat can give approval only for G+2 levels. Please find from your builder about it and ask him to show the application form for the new construction or additional construction. Please note that there is a specific Building Regularization Scheme (BRS) in Telangana state under which one has to apply for any additional construction and pay some fee also. In fact, in the Govt of Telangana site in internet there are application form and calculators provided to calculate the fee for this additional construction. It is a very important step and if builder is not complying with it then I am afraid you will be taking a risk and once builder hands over this to you then the whole responsibility of paying this fee and penalty will be on your head. In extreme cases the local administration can take a view for demolition of unauthorized structures. It has happened at many places where builders are not complying with the existing rules and simply cheating the gullible public.

If anybody wants to go for deviations from the approved plans and want to construct more than what is approved, one has to get permission from Building Regularisation Scheme (BRS) in Telangana state under which one has to apply for any additional construction and pay a fee as per the pertaining rules and regulations.

What I will suggest is talk to the other owners or perspective owners of these flats and take up the matter with the builder collectively. Pressurize him for taking up the permission and payment of the requisite fee. Today the atmosphere in our country is changing and is in flavor of the consumer. You can also collectively threaten him for complaint in case he does not get the things properly approved.

Hope it helps!



Anusha Singh

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query