Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jithin (jr software engineer)     02 September 2012

Bond

Hi,

I joined a company on june 2012 they asked to sign a bond for six months which was written on blank paper. After working there for two months I decided to leave the job because I got a better job offer. When I told them about this they said I will have to pay them salary of six months. They have my orginal certificates of degree and 10th. They said they will only releave my certificates only if I pay them the amount. I haven't signed any cheques or any other papers. They have not paid me any salary either. Salary was credited to my account but all my account related stuffs like pass-book ATM card are all under the company's pocession. They will only give these if I signed a cheque of a sum equalent to the salary of six months, which I refused to do. 

So is it leagal for the company to hold on to my certificates. Will I have to pay the sum to get my certificates. 

Please resond at the earliest and thank you in advance. 

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 September 2012

All actions of company e.g. confiscating original certificates,bank a/c ATM/passbook etc are illegal.

However you need to provide evidence.

You may not quote the reason for quitting as better opportunity but as no salary has been paid,and you are being corced and forced to sign cheques in adittion to forcibly keeping your original certificates,bank a/c ATM/passbook etc

Approach your lawyer at once and let your lawyer handle the matter.

Why an employee shall for such a job and such an employer?

Employee should always consult elders in the family, competent and experienced well wishers, lawyer/law firm before signing on the dotted line and should be careful while dealing with such employers and avoid legal traps. An action in haste can create stress and legal hassles later. You may show your appointment letter, offer letter, advertisement and any other communication to a competent and experienced labor consultant/service lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register