Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Balamurugan P   23 August 2016

Blue dart courier service negligence - advice req.

Dear Friends,

Currently I’m doing 3 years LLB. I need expert advice on the below scenario / case.

I’m holding a Standard Chartered Bank credit and it was expired on 31-Jan-2015. I have requested the bank to send the renewed credit card to my residential address. As per the blue dart courier, my residential area comes under the non-coverage and courier agency taken the independent decision and tried to deliver to my office address (secondary address) on 9-Feb-2015.

Courier boy reached to my office despatch desk and checked my availability thru intercom and unable to reach to me thru office extension. Further, they haven’t made any attempt to deliver the courier and failed to call to mobile number. On 10-Feb-2015, they simply sent one SMS to my registered mobile and hold the courier till 18-Feb-2015 at their office and returned the card to the bank. As I was waited till 19-Feb-2015 at my residence and reached the courier office on 20-Feb-2015 and no proper responses were received.

Hence sent the legal notice thru lawyer and the courier agency replied the following:

1. Blue Dart strictly following the standard operating procedures (SOP) as per the agreement entered with Standard Chartered Bank.
  2. The complainant is silent and he had not responded to SMS. Why?
  3. The contract is made between SCB and Blue Dart agencies and no valid contract between Customer and courier agencies. Hence blue dart agency is not liable for any consequential special loss or damages.

I would request your valuable guidance on the mentioned points, which will help me to file a suit against the courier agency in consumer forum.

Looking for your support and thanks in advance.

Balamurugan P

+91 9840748477

Learning

1 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 August 2016

Facts are contradictory. You are student and working in an office too! Please elaborate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register