Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Praveen Kumar (Desig)     12 October 2011

Birth certificate of the child

Hi

I am married to a girl who is divorced and has a 4 yr old kid from the previous marriage. We are going to put him into school now. I need some suggestion on how to go about with the Birth Certificate of the child. Should I change the father's name in his Birth certificate and is it possible to change the father's name?

We want to have his surname changed to mine. If the birth certificate has a different name, will that be a problem. Need your suggestion on what approach we should take.

Thanks

Praveen

Learning

12 Replies

(Guest)

Affidavit suppporting your facts is enough , I think.

Praveen Kumar (Desig)     13 October 2011

@Pragya, Thanks for your response. So you suggest that we should change the birth certificate? Will that be the best way to go about especially since the school admission formalities are going to start?

(Guest)

Dear author,

dont change the birth certificate as birth certificate should be made within 1 year of birth of the baby to get him admission in good schools.School authorities are very much careful these days as many parents hides their wards real age and lessens it by giving wrong date of birth .

We made our elder daughter's certificate just before she was admitted to pre-school but when applied for class Kg in a reputed convent of our locality then she was rejected as the certificate was made after 2 n half yrs of birth though we submitted the nursing home b certificate also.

You can submit an affidavit that the child with that name and title(in the certificate) and the child with your title are same .

Praveen Kumar (Desig)     13 October 2011

@utpala

Thanks for your response. As mentioned, we want to use my name as his surname for everything going forward and in the school application, we want to mention my name as the father name. Could this become an issue with the admission since the father name in the birth certificate is different?

We just want to ensure that we do not have issues for him in the future.

(Guest)

Please talk to the principal of the school , tell her the whole story prior to the admission date.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     14 October 2011

Don't change the birth certificate, surname, legally adopt the son and then proceed.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

a.poornachandrudu (advocate)     21 October 2011

First of all  you know the municipality or panchayathi whether the birth registration is there are not  If it is registered after the name aor before putting the name, if not please enqiry in the nursing home,  if is there please see the particulrs in the certificate , after words you are telling  she is divorce and remarried with all the documenta and affidivit you approach concerned authrity directly or through your advocate or through court, then no body wont question your legality for school admission or any thing

a.poornachandrudu (advocate)     22 October 2011

1. court has given diverce please verify the judgement, in that  have they given any directionof her sons maintanece usvally up to getting majority sun or daugher is under the contol of mother, first see the condition

2. after getting majority hemay opt to go his father, or father may file

3.legality will come through court only   this adition to my previous answeronly

Praveen Kumar (Desig)     24 October 2011

@Poorna

Thanks for responding. The birth certificate has the child's name and his father's name as well.

There is no monthly maintenance for the child paid by his father. Until now, she was taking care of all the expenses. The divorce judgement says the child shall be with the mother. She also has a separate judgement for guardianship of the child through ex-party judegement. Please do let me know if you will need any further information on the same.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     25 October 2011

child custody matters can be re-opened anytime.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     02 November 2016

you have to seek Decree of Adotio from District court or City Civil court, principal judge

procedure is noteasy one and remember ifanything disrupts new family bond, you can takedivorce but not from adopted son

Adoption is irrevocable

further queries  Anamika Vichare fcebook

your Profile Photo

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     02 November 2016

you have to seek Decree of Adotio from District court or City Civil court, principal judge

procedure is noteasy one and remember ifanything disrupts new family bond, you can takedivorce but not from adopted son

Adoption is irrevocable

further queries  Anamika Vichare fcebook

your Profile Photo

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register