Upgrad LLM

birth certificate for an adopted child

Sir, my son a resident of bangalore has adopted a baby girl six months old from a widow in mumbai.  The adoption was ceremony was done in bangalore and was legally registered under Hindu adoption act in bangle on the same d as you in January 2018.

When we applied for a new birth certificate with names if my son and daughter in law the bbmp authorities asked me to approach mumbai as the child has originally got her birth certificate in mumbai.  The mumbai corporation is demanding court order though I am presenting the registration certificate. 

Please guide me how to get the birth certificate with new names

Thanks and regards

Jeyachandr a n, bangalore

Lawyer in Hyderabad.wats app no.9989324294

 A petition can be  filed in the court so that the adoption decree can be issued under the relevant act. After this a series of counseling sessions are carried out in order to help the child and the parents adjust to each others company. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x