Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roby   16 July 2015

Birth certificate

I am from kerala. In my all documents school, pancard, voter I'd, aadat my father name is written P J John. But in my birth certificate my father name is written Joseph John. What can I do correct my father name in my birth certificate. Other problem is my father is not with us. He is separated but not legal... Even we don't have any idea where he is & don't have his proof or documents anything. In this case how can I provide his identity proof for the name correction. Only I have his name proof dat is in my school certificate & pan card, aadhar, voter I'd. Plz let me know how can I correct that father name which is wrong written on my birth certificate & becz of this I can't able to make my passport.

 1 Replies

ADVOCATE DIMPLE JINDAL (Advocate)     16 July 2015

in which class are you reading? one can use his/ her matriculation certificate as equal to birth certificate or you can get it certified from your school authorities separately. If still passport authorities are not agreed, then consult to the municipal authorities for the correction of name.

Try to find out your father's name in some other records like old bank accounts, fixed deposits, nsc or post office savings or it is best if you have marriage certificate of your parents.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query