LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Audry Fernandes (nil)     28 April 2012

Bank ignored form 15g

In spite of submitting From 15G, the Bank paid tax on my FD.

Can I hold the bank liable ane make them bear this amount?

Getting refund from IT is impossible for the last few years. They say they have sent the refunds thro ECS but nothing appears in the account. Even after sending several reminders, there is no response.

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 April 2012

Does bank agree that 15G form was submitted by you.

15G shouldbe prepared in triplicate and acknowledgment should be obtained from bank under proper seal signature with date. If acvknowledgment is available you can hold the bank responsible for deficient service.

If the bank had entered the 15G in their computer system the lapse should not have happened.

If you can somehow excercise your resources, influence and obtain a letter or even a note on your letter, from bank confirming receipt of from 15G, you shall have some evidence.

Customer should always obtain acknowledgment for each and everything from all establishments including bank.

Audry Fernandes (nil)     30 April 2012

Thank you. I do have a copy of form 15G stamped by the bank.

Can I hold the bank liable to pay this tax amount?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 April 2012

RBI has issued guidelines and accordingly banks have prepared and posted their compensation policy on their websites.

You may first lodge written complaint with BM of the bank under proper acknowledgment and demand to supply reply by redg/speed post only say within next 7 days, and then escalate to RM/CGM/AGM etc or even Nodal officer/Chairman of the bank. If the BM and bank fails to supply reply and award compensation you have the option of approaching BO ( if it accepts such complaint), DCDRF, Civil Court etc.

You may demand loss of interest on your hard earned monies, and to pay you interest on deducted amount which you shall be able to get after say 1.5 years, cost of visiting the bank (travelling, aprking etc), phone calls, typing charges, cyber cafe-internet charges etc and round off the amount to as deemed fit by you, mental tension, harassment etc.Let the bank offer you an amount as per their policy.

Attached File : 754419775 compensation policy of the banks 62764 13.pdf, 754419775 model compensation policy sbi.pdf downloaded: 164 times

Audry Fernandes (nil)     01 May 2012

Thank you very much. They have promised me a response by Wed. 3rd.

Prasun Chandra Das (Banker)     01 May 2012

agree with kumar doab, though he is normally very anti bank;)

good luck audrey.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register