IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vinay   18 February 2015

Bailable warrant in case of absence (dv case)

DV case is running against me, my parents and my sister since Nov 2013. We did not attend this once so far as lawyer was representing our case there. But in this month, feb-15 ,judge issued warrant for parents and sister for their absence. What should be do. Next hearing is on March. 


 7 Replies


Pl attend nfollow Lawyers advise

IKGoyal Advocate (Legal)     19 February 2015

A case under DV Act is of civil nature. In summon, it is written, respondent may appear either personally or through counsel. You may challenge the order of warrant in superior court. If you send the copy of the petition, it will be easier. E-mail add : ikgoyaladvocate@gmail.com
1 Like

LAXMINARAYAN - Sr Advocate. ( solve problems in criminal cases. lawproblems@gmail.com)     19 February 2015

The procedure is criminal so warrant can be issued.


Apply for exemption on next date.

vivek malhotra (Advocate)     19 February 2015

Appear on the next date of hearing in the court. Only bailable warrants are issued, police personal came and inform the date and fill the bail bond for the nominal amount

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     19 February 2015

appear before the court and apply for cancellation of warrant, the court will cancel the warrant with the condition.


no need to worry.


feel free to call

1 Like

vinay   20 February 2015

Thanks wise lawyers for your inputs.


I am hoping cops wont be engaged. All my FIL is doing is playing tricks and engaging us with corrupt cops.


Please let me know if there could be any kind of problem. 


Thanks again

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 February 2015

It is better to consult your lawyer and file an advance hearing petition to recall the warrant under section 70(2) of cr.p.c. and be safe about it.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query