New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin (Sr Soft Developer)     30 January 2012

Authenticity of registered gpa?

I am looking to buy a property in east delhi.Owner is having it registered under GPA. I want to get it registered under Sale Deed. Now please tell me how can I verify whether property papers with owner are genuine or not.



 5 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     30 January 2012

you can obtain the certfied copy of the regd., gpa, property extract, etc.,

Balaji Bakthavathsal (+919444448455)     30 January 2012

Before that you please check up whether the GPA is alive or cancelled. Incase, if it is cancelled, then yuou will be in real trouble.

ajay sethi (lawyer)     31 January 2012

since you are buying property wrth lakhs or in crores spend some money on lawyer . he will verify the documents . ask him to take detailed search for 30 years and give opinion in wiritng

Nitin (Sr Soft Developer)     21 February 2012

Dear Experts,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions. I want to ask one more question.

Do I need to get encumbrance certificate also in this case?

jagadish (jagadish)     08 May 2012


14 years back my father purchased a property from my grandfather(my mother's father) through GPA andaffidavit (because at that time registration was stoped) and his 5 sons also witnessed the GPA by signing it.But in 2006 my father was expired  we are having the possission of property all ready constructed building on that property earlier  in 1998  now my grandfather& his sons  refusing to execute saledeed by registration to us  now what is the remedy ?  what is way to transfer the property title into my mother's name .please reply  urgent

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register