LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rakesh   27 December 2017

Asking wife to not do a job.

Hello, I wanted to know that, if I can ask my wife to leave the job she is currently doing for past 3-4 months. In her job, I don't see any future for her and mainly because of that we are fighting. According to law, can I ask her to do that? or it will go against me? Please.

Learning

10 Replies

Hemadri Chandrakanth   27 December 2017

No u have no right to do so. It violates her right

Ajay sharma   27 December 2017

CONTACT me directly.....
AJAY SHARMA
Advocate
HIGH COURT J &k
Cell 09906298380, 07780894498

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 December 2017

Avoid altecations.

Instead mentor,guide, to suitable job as per you.

Let her decide as per her aptitude, ability, choice.

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     27 December 2017

Buddy, its not a question for any lawyer. Talk to your wife and the two of you mutually work it out. It's very nice to see that you care about your wife's professional future. I'd suggest you see a maariage counsellor, if at all you need a third party intervention, before things might take any differences in understanding. All the best.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     28 December 2017

Please avoid lawyers who offer to fight your case. They will be more interested in getting clients than in your family wellfare. Try to sort out problems amicably within the four walls of your home. If you have a point, you try to convince her. But ultimately it should be her decision even if she realises that it was a wrong decision in due course. Has she got an opinion on your job?

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     28 December 2017

Asking the wife to leave the job from where she is able to earn her livelihood sufficient for her personal needs and may be helping in household expenses is like committing suicide.

If the golden opportunity exists for both of you, must continue it, otherwise she leaving job and by chance leaving you too for some reason, very first thing she will seek from you through court will be maintenance for her and that will be big financial burden on you while you get involved in long drawn litigation between both of you paying for lawyer’s fee etc.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 December 2017

In today’s materialistic world, heavy cost of living, urge for maintaining standards, worry and need to save for future, unexpected litigation that may stare etc etc IT is good if both spouse earn.

Working and getting exposed to modern world widens the vision and grooms.

IT in itself is an education and learning.

Well nurtured, talented, working spouses can care and raise their children and prepare them  to face challenges of life.

In case of matrimonial disputes if one spouse ( any of husband and wife) is not earning other may be liable to maintain, per facts of the matter before court of law.

Each spouse must avoid altercations leading to disputes and litigations.

Litigation can be stressful for many individuals and expensive too.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 December 2017

Definition of domestic violence

PROTECTION OF WOMEN FROM DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ACT, 2005

Section 3

(a) harms or injures or endangers the health, safety, life, limb or well‑being, whether mental or physical, of the aggrieved person or tends to do so and includes causing physical abuse, s*xual abuse, verbal and emotional abuse and economic abuse; or

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 December 2017

availability of free sword is no justification to chop head.

This forum gives free advise to those who have landed in trouble and one should not approach this forum as how to create trouble.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     29 December 2017

Nothing more to be added, Please see the point furnished by Mr. Sudhir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register