Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raja   02 March 2018

Asking tenants fingerprints

Hi,

My friends are statying in Vijayshanthi apartments, OMR, Chennai and the recently the apartment committee is pushing everyone to register their fingerprints while making entry and exit. Mandating every tenants and house owners to have the fingerprints registered.

There is no clear evidences shown to us on how the security team is securing all the biometric data. When my friends refused to accept this type of biometrics approach, they have been asked to vacate the house in 15 days. 

Please clarify, whether this is legally allowed to force the tenants to provide such biometric data? We are afraid that this could mislead for any other illegal activity when it is stolen by someone. Can I raise a complaint under any sections?

Thanks

Learning

3 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     02 March 2018

Now a days, many of the offices have bio-metric attendance (i.e. entry and exit).  Nobody has any objection to the same.

If that be so, what is the big deal if such a bio-metric entry is prescribed in residential premises also?  There is nothing illegal about it.

Simply people are making some objection or other for the sake of objection.  If they feel so strongly against such practice, the better way is to exit such premises.  

(Guest)

Dear sir, adopting Biometric system is absolutely necessary in view of increasing crimes in residential primises. there is nothing wrong. Aslo you are thinking one side, suppose you are living in a apartment with wife and children and afrading of any unwanted accident and want to save family members  from criminals so definitely you will be in support of that system.

The system can not be challanged as it is fair. 

Raja   05 March 2018

Thank you Sir for the valuable suggestions. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register