LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prakash (456)     28 April 2010

Arya samaj marriage witness


I got my friend married to her lover in the arya samaj. And i signed as a witness , but now the parents of the guy called me and threatening me. Can anyone advice,  what should i do ? Please do reply as soon as possible

Thanking You



 7 Replies

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005     28 April 2010

you can register the case of threats in police.

Did your friend get the protection from court or not.

Else ask them to get it done else they will also be in trouble.


Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005     28 April 2010

you may contact us for further assistance, may be we can help you.

plza mention your location also.



prakash (456)     29 April 2010

Thank you for your reply sir, I stay in hyderabad.  Can you just explain me the consequences and responsibility of being a witness in a marriage like this.

Thanking you


Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005     29 April 2010

Dear Parkash,

Otherwise in general, police did not take much heed.

But if parents of the girl will put pressure and girl will say that you alongwith your friend force her to enter into wedlock forcefully or all of you give her some sort of liquid and then she became unconscious and what happen after that she does not know then you will not be able to even get bail from court.

There are various other similar consequences like abduction etc.

So Be active and ask your friend to start the legal procedure immeditely else you may also be in trouble.

Regards and good luck


well suggested Mr. Kamal.

mylove1278 (jjgjgjg)     09 September 2010

Hi Mr. Kamal,

As you said girl will say she was being forced and was given some sort of liquid..actually she must be lying due to her family pressure..but boy have the valid snap with purohit and witness,putting mala too.. and boy have the phone bill with details he talked with her even after 1.5 years of marriage..and boy is talking with her parents to as per phone bill record...and the signature she had done is same as in her bank records then how can anyone prove she was being forced..

So what would be steps boy need to take care So he should not be penalised for false statements.....

mylove1278 (jjgjgjg)     09 September 2010

please advice..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register