LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kapil Tiwari (export executive)     29 December 2012

Application for withdrawal of epf accumulations

As per the EPF rules (para 69), a member may be permitted "to withdraw the full amount standing to his credit in the fund on ceasing to be an employee in any establishment to which the Act applies provided that he has not been employed in any factory or other establishment to which the Act applies for a continuous period of not less than two months immediately preceding the date on which he makes an application for withdrawal". 

If I act as follows:

1) I resign from previous job on 31/12/2012.
2) For two months I remain unemployed or take up employment in an establishment where EPF is not available or applicable.
3) I now apply for full withdrawal of my EPF accumulations by 7/3/2013 alongwith the requisite declaration that I was not employed as per para 69 for the previous two months.
4) I take up a new job, where EPF is applicable and available on 15/3/2013.

In this manner, will I have withdrawn by entire EPF accumulations legally and in conformity with the rules mandated by the EPF Scheme? Kindly advise if taking up employment for these two months, prior to making application for withdrawal of EPF accumulations, in an establishment not covered by the EPF Act, legally permitted in this case or one must be totally unemployed for the two months after resigning from the previous job and immediately preceeding the date on which he applies for withdrawal of the accumulations (which is, 7/3/2012 in my above proposed action plan)?

Learning

2 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 January 2013

Even if you repeat the queyr 10 times still trnasfer of accummulation to new fund wll better.

2 Like

Kapil Tiwari (export executive)     06 January 2013

Sudhir Kumar, Sir, many thanks for your advice. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register