LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lokesha S (Engineer)     01 November 2023

Apartment title deeds not handed over by builder

I had bought a flat in 2014, the sale deed is duly registered.  I am living in the same flat.  The building has 48 flats in total with 4 approved floors and one unapproved floor having another 4 flats.

The flats have got 'A khata' from BBMP, even the ones which are from unapproved floor.  The maintenance is done by association registered.  The builder is not doing title deeds handover to association, he has kept the documents with himself.  Not responding to requests to handover.  

Builder has 2 unsold flats as of now.

1. Please advice what course of action can be taken to get title deeds handover done. 

2. Is it possible to get court order to sub-registrar to not register flats from unapproved floor. (prevent any transaction on flats in unapproved floor) 


 3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 November 2023

You can give a complaint to R.E.RA.

To file a complaint under RERA, you can follow these steps:

  1. Visit the official website of the RERA authority of your state.
  2. Look for the ‘Complaint Registration’ option on the website and click on it.
  3. Register on the website by providing details such as name, email ID, phone number, etc.
  4. Fill out the online complaint form with all the necessary details such as particulars of the applicant and respondent, registration number and address of the project, a concise statement of facts and grounds of claim, and reliefs and interim reliefs sought 123.

The Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016 (RERA) was established to protect the interests of homebuyers in India. It is a dedicated court for the real estate sector that ensures speedy justice to home buyers 1If you have ever bought a property and faced problems related to possession delay, non-refund for abrupt project suspension, or if the builder started demanding more money than what was agreed to, then RERA covers all property-related problems 1.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 November 2023

Yes, the issue could be taken up with the RERA. Perhaps, even a well-drafted legal otice could solve the issue.

1 Like

Lokesha S (Engineer)     01 November 2023

My sincere thanks to learned advocates for the response shared.


My project is in Bangalore and it is completed before RERA came into effect.  Can I file complaint on RERA site.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register