Share More

(Guest)

anticipatory bail

can one seek anticipatory bail if one is issued notice under 41a crpc

Learning

5 Replies

Victor Mukherjee Advocate   25 December 2019

yes under section 438 crpc in high court or in session court no anti bail

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     25 December 2019

• The concerned suspect / accused person will necessarily need to comply with the terms of the notice under section 41 A and attend at the requisite time and place.
  • Should the accused be unable to attend at the time for any valid and justifiable reason, the accused should in writing immediately, intimate the investigating officer and seek an alternative time within a reasonable period, which should ideally not accede a period of four working days, from the date on which he / she were required to attend, unless he is unable to show justifiable cause for such non-attendance.
  • Unless it is detrimental to the investigation, the police officer may permit such rescheduling, however only for justifiable causes to be recorded in the case diary. Should the investigating officer believe that such extension is being sought to cause delay to the investigation or the suspect / accused person is being evasive by seeking time, (subject to intimation to the SHO / SP of the concerned Police Station), deny such request and mandatorily require the said person to attend.
  • A suspect / accused on formally receiving a notice under section 41A CrPC and appearing before the concerned officer for investigation / interrogation at the police station, may request the concerned IO for an acknowledgement;
  • In the event, the suspect / accused is directed to appear at a place other than the police station (as envisaged under Section 41A(1)CrPC), the suspect will be at liberty to get the acknowledgement receipt attested by an independent witness if available at the spot in addition to getting the same attested by the concerned investigating officer himself.
  • A duly indexed booklet containing serially numbered notices in duplicate / carbon copy format should be issued by the SHO of the Police Station to the Investigating Officer. The Notice should necessarily contain the following details: a Serial Number b Case Number c Date and time of appearance d Consequences in the event of failure to comply e Acknowledgment slip.
  • The Investigating Officer shall follow the following procedure:-
  1. The original is served on the Accused/Suspect;
  2. A carbon copy (on white paper) is retained by the IO in his / her case diary, which can be shown to the concerned Magistrate as and when required;
  3. Used booklets are to be deposited by the IO with the SHO of the Police Station who shall retain the same till the completion of the investigation and submission of the final report under section 173 (2) of the Cr.P.C.
  4. The Police department shall frame appropriate rules for the preservation and destruction of such booklets
  • Procedure booklets in format identical to the above prescripttion in guideline (vii) & (viii) with modifications having regard to the statutory provisions in the forms for the notices and acknowledgment shall be maintained.
  • Failure on the part of the IO to comply with the mandate of the provisions of the Cr.P.C and the above procedure shall render him liable to appropriate disciplinary proceedings under the applicable rules and regulations as well as contempt of Court in terms of the directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court in the case of Arnesh Kumar Vs. State of Bihar (2014) 8 SCC 273.
  • Publicity should be undertaken and pamphlets educating the public at large, should be issued by the DCP of all Districts.
  • The above information should be displayed at prominent places in Police stations, the subordinate courts and the High Court and made available to with the State and District Legal Services Authorities, to inform the public of their rights and recourses available to them.
  • Training programmes be specially formulated for Police Officers and Judicial Officers to sensitize them towards effective compliance of Section 41A, 91, 160 and 175 of the CrPC.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     25 December 2019

Dear sir,

You can file anticipatory bail application in case you received 41a notice in sessions court.

Regards,

TGK REDDI   25 December 2019

In criminal cases notices don't issue from courts of law.    In civil matters, they do.

So, I must understand that it was a Legal Notice from, most probably, an Advocate.    This's no impediment for what is popularly termed as anticipatory bail.     There's no such term in the Cr. P. C.

If -- perish the thought -- the Notice was issued by a Court of Law, it means process is issued.    Once process is issued, no question of Section 438 of Cr. P. C.

One has to surrender before the Court and obtain regular bail.

Sessions Court and High Court have unfettered powers regarding Bail but even the Court of Judicial First Class Magistrate has vast powers about bailable and non-bailable offences and about cognizable and non-cognizable offences.  

Debendra patel   26 December 2019

I had closed in a farm house to two night watcher of forest department to give the recovery of my farming because of elephant and I request higher officer to make a valuation of our farming but they didn't do that. so I had to do such a step.
one of them has filed a case against me.
what should I do now sir. please show me the right way

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register