Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pvhkv9 (Engineer)     24 January 2014

Annulment

Hi,

I got married last year. There were unusual circumstances. I was under pressure and had some medical condition. The girl whom I got married seemed to be reasonable before marriage. We both got married under pressure. After the marriage, I realized that girl's family did not disclose her medical condition which was unreasonable. She didn't understand simple stuff and lacked common sense. It has been very frustrating experience for me. She later disclosed that she had a past relationship and told me that she was very selfish for getting married to me as her parents would harrass her for not been able to get married. We married for the sake of marriage and we don't live together. Her family has criminal background and we I had no clue about it. I want to annul the marriage. She also would like to get the marriage annuled but she does not have a voice. Her family/relatives pressurize her to act. Is ther a way I can file the annulemnt and correct my mistake? I would very much appreciate if I can get contact info of a good lawyer in Munbai who could help me to annul the marriage. I fear that the bride's relatives are behind my property. They don't want to sign the affidavit and I want every thing to be processed in legal path. Also, our marriage is not registered but happened per Hindu rituals. Is that still valid?

Please help.

Learning

2 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     24 January 2014

As you had stated that you both had given your consent for marriage by the pressure of your family members you both wants to marry other persons i.e .with your love ones , you can file a case in the family court for nullity of your marriage u/s 12C of hindu marriage act with the support of an affidavit of yours statement .

ishita (Copywriter)     24 January 2014

Why unnecessarily invite trouble for yourself? Just go to a good marriage counselor and try sort out whatever problems you two have. In cases of arrange marriages things take time between the two partners to settle. Since you guys did not spend much time before marriage together you must not have got time to know her that well and understand her. Give her some space and time and she will mould herself according to the traditions of your house. She is as ordinary a person as you are so expecting a woman to turn into a superhuman and from day one start accepting your and your family ways is a bit too much to ask for. Divorce will only give you more mental harassment as counter cases would be filed against you and your family. Just try and settle the things between you two happily and amicably and save yourself the harassment of a lifetime by getting into litigation. Learn to have a bit of patience. You have been married for only a year and every marriage requires a lifetime of work. There is no guarantee that the next partner you get would be a wonderful one or you are going to get one or not would remain a question mark to you if you will get in this game of courts. So better, learn to adjust with the one you have. GO to a good counselor and work on your matrimonial problems in consultaion with him/her.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register