LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

k jagadeesh (-)     16 January 2011

Ancestrol Property share

Can my mother who has inherited her father's property which is without a will, discriminate her children with unequal share?? and/or give the amount realised on sale of the property as per her discretion  to her children??.  What is the legal standing on this issue plz.?

Learning

4 Replies

Dayanand (Advocate)     16 January 2011

yes it is her  inherited poperty from her parents family, it is equal  to that of "stree dhan" i.e her personal property so, she can distribute it on her discrition. 

Dayanand (Advocate)     16 January 2011

if it is not a "stree dhan" but  property of hindu joint family then her sucsessers will be having equal share.

1 Like

rakesh (advocate)     21 January 2011

it is not a stridhan , every child will get equal share, even u can take injunction to restrain the property from alienation

property from father ,fathers father ,fathers fathers father is an ancestral property not a stridhan

1 Like

k jagadeesh (-)     22 January 2011

As a non advocate my view is that the inherited property cannot be considered as a sridha since at the time of inheritance, her parents i.e. my grand parents both are not alive. Both being not alive, the question of Sridhan should be out of cotext.  Can few more learned advocates pitch in this topic and give their legal views which are being admitted in the court pl.?? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register