LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun   22 March 2018

Ancestral property transfer

I have ancestral  property in Karnataka which is partly divided and i have  got it in my name via gift deeds many years ago. 20% of it is not transferred yet.  It is still in my grandfathers name (it was not divided by his children)  How can i get it transfreed in my name easily?  No one is claiming the part of the land but the municipality states that i have to  start the whole process  again even for the property that was partly transferred in my name.

Can i give a public notice or affdavit to transfer the property? I have been paying the tax on this entire property for 20 years. 

Are there any property lawyers who can assit me on this and make thsi process smooth?




 3 Replies

Adv. SIddharth Jain (Advocate )     22 March 2018

is Your grandfather still alive?

Arun   22 March 2018

No. Both grandfather and mother are deceased. My father and some of  his brothers are also decesed. Others have give the gift deed to me which i used to register the part if the property in my name.

Siddharth Jain   23 March 2018

Succession Certificate is a certificate granted by the Courts in India to the legal heirs of a person dying intestate leaving debts and securities. To obtain succession certificate, a petition to the District Judge within whose jurisdiction the deceased person ordinarily resided at the time of his death. for further queries feel free to contact me at

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register