LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Girish   09 November 2021

Ancestral property dispute

I am an NRI and eldest son in the family. My father and sisters (who are also NRI) have started a property dispute with me for our ancestral property after my mother passed away by claiming I have no rights on the property. As the oldest son they have completely alienated my father from me by encouraging him to find fault with me. 

Through my friends and sources I have found out that my father's health is failing and my sisters haven't visited him in years, my sisters want to ultimately stake their claim on the property after he is gone. My share was originally 50% which I got from my grandfather.  In the meanwhile my father's health is deteriorating and they won't abandon fighting to take my share from me. My father and sisters have sold more than 80% of the property to 3rd party already by misusing my power of attorney which wasn't even registered. My father is in possession of the remaining property, my sisters want to grab it if they can, they even had my father add them on the share certificate as nominees.

Can I file a suit to end this and for negligence on part of my sisters due to their greed to grab my share of property and neglecting my father? Since my father is over 80 years old, it has become almost impossible to converse with him due to his animosity and showing symptoms of senility. He is always threatening me that he will "will them" everything unless I pay him some exorbitant sum. What do I do? I am afraid my father's health issue will worsen with time. They have asked me not to stay overnight when I visit my own home. I reside outside India and so do my sisters.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register