LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahesh (Others)     09 January 2014

Ancestoral property-letter of administration

Hi , This is with reference to agricultural-ancestoral land that my father had a part, along with his only brother. my dad had only 1 kid that's me. He died without any will. As per my understanding , his part of ownership(1/2 land) would be divided into below parts a) One part to his wife ( my mom) b) Second part to me. Since we lived in mumbai , we( mom and me) raised a request for letter of administration for the said property. While raising the request i gave the "no-objection" , so the honorable highcourt granted the letter of administration in the name of my mom only . Now while trying to sell the land , the buyer says that there is only mom's name written in letter of administration . There is no mention of "my no objection" in the letter of administration issued by high court and i can raise an dispute down the line. Please suggest on the same so that the property can be sold thanks & regards mahesh

Learning

1 Replies

venkat subbaiah (ADVOCATE ASSOCIATE)     10 January 2014

Please go through that letter of administration carefully. The hon'ble ourt will not give such a certificate in vague terms and you said that you have also submitted NOC on your behalf So clearly there will be a mention of that in the certificate issued by the court. Else you can sign the property documents as a witness In order to allay the fears of the proposed buyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register