LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shering (others)     15 October 2012

Allumini claim

My brother got married a couple of years and they don't have any kids. My sister-in-law is working and has a salary of 45000/-, she is currently staying with her mother and claims an alumini of 15 lakhs from my brother. Our current lawyer says that this is a good deal, however i would request a second opinion.

Learning

5 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     15 October 2012

1. Any deal in family are good if it is evenly balanced out !

2. Nowhere you mention what your brother earns and or his earning capacity so how any deal can be judged as good or manageable insoforas a “second opinion”?

However, experience if shared then; any matrimonial deal is perceived to be “good” if immediate parties comes out "happy” about it and in such state of mind all third party opinions are like salt or pepper accordingly J 

BTW, for a 45 K earning wife keeping in view present cost of living read with her current age 15 L is like 2 years search and tie second time knot for her hence "negotiation imagination skills" has its own charm in such last mile late night negotiations for full and final settlements and done with her thinking
J 
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
[For the records in LCI every male queriest writes about wife’s salary, my thought lines are who will mention husband’s salary or earning capacity of a husband to balance out such enquires]
J 

stanley (Freedom)     15 October 2012

When wife is working why does your brother have to Pay alimoney is it a case of MCD or is he desperate for a second marriage .:)

"For the records in LCI every male queriest writes about wife’s salary, my thought lines are who will mention husband’s salary or earning capacity of a husband to balance out such enquires"

would be wife's salary   x 4 :)  is husbands salary am i right Mr shering 

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     15 October 2012

Change your lawyer !! Any lawyer who asks you to settle for such an extortionate amount is either too afraid to fight the case on merits/incapable of fighting on merits nad putting the requisite pressure/unconfident that he would save you from trouble or has a stake in it. 

Why any alimony I ask ??? She is capable of maintaining herself - over and above her ISTRIDHAN she is not entitled to anything. 

A good lawyer would in a fraction of that amount contest for you tooth and nail, and frustrate your wife into giving a mutual consent divorce. I think it is unconsionable bad not just for your case but harassed husbands in general if you pay so much, such tendency incentivises such false implication. When  CRIME Pays !! No wonder more and more women are taking this up as a vocation !

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     15 October 2012

brother Bharat he he a diplomatic take, nevertheless liked your impromptu "josh"

stanley (Freedom)     16 October 2012

Originally posted by : Adv. Bharat Chugh

Change your lawyer !! Any lawyer who asks you to settle for such an extortionate amount is either too afraid to fight the case on merits/incapable of fighting on merits nad putting the requisite pressure/unconfident that he would save you from trouble or has a stake in it. 

Why any alimony I ask ??? She is capable of maintaining herself - over and above her ISTRIDHAN she is not entitled to anything. 

A good lawyer would in a fraction of that amount contest for you tooth and nail, and frustrate your wife into giving a mutual consent divorce.

Where do you find good lawyers nowdays in todays world (Very Rarerly) its not just lawyers everybody is out to make a fast buck at the cost of their clients and have a stake in allllllllllli MOOOOOOOOney :)although in my earlier post i have mentioned when wife is working why alimoney 

ROTFL   off course Mr Tajobs ....................................................Mr Bharat has to be Diplomatic in a public foroum like this 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register