Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mani123456 (Engineer)     24 November 2014

Allowing arguments by the respondant in case lawyer is absen

Hi,

I am fighting 125 crpc maintenance case against my wife. I filed an application under 127 crpc for stopping her maintenance. My lawyer is very busy so he allowed me to argue in it., As the arguments are simple. But judge has not allowed me to do so. What must I do in this case? Judge tells advocate presence is essential.

Regards

Mani

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

You can cross examine your sweety in court hall provided your lawyer is present in court hall, both can cross examine, you as well as your lawyer.  Same holds good for argument.  By the way why is your lawyer not coming to argue?  Have you paid him fees?   If he has taken fees and avoiding you, he is compromised with sweety n company.  Complain to judge.  Complain to district judge.  Complain to bar council in writing.

Hardeep (Business)     24 November 2014

As already said lawyer should be present. In case he is not it could be deficiency in service. See :

https://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2013-03-25/news/38010032_1_lawyer-case-ncdrc

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     24 November 2014

Dear mani

file a written application to grant permission for argue the matter yourself in the absence of the lawyer, if the family court dismissed the same then file appeal/revision before HC as the case may be.

but it is your right, the judge can not restrain you to do that, file a written application for the same.

Feel Free to Call

stanley (Freedom)     30 April 2015

@ mani 

you file to file a application in the court to argue and stating the reason that you want to contest the case party in person . Than only will the judge let you argue your case .

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     30 April 2015

just submit written arguments ... simple ... let the hon'bles read

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register