Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sohana (student)     24 May 2011

All India Bar Council Examination

hi!

I am LL.b 5th yr student.This is my final year..

Do i hav to giv the all india bar council examination if i choose to do legal job in companies?

Is it mandatory  4 jobs in companies? I am vry confused so pls hlp me out....

Learning

14 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     25 May 2011

For Job it is not mandatory. It is mandatory for the bar council enrolment.

2 Like

G.L.V.Ramana Murthy (Advocate)     25 May 2011

it is not necessary for your for job.

Ramanamurthy

1 Like

Vijay Goyal (Tax Consultant)     25 May 2011

It not Mandatory for JOB.

It is mendatory only to avail Certificate of Practice after enrollment as Advocate at State Bar Council.

1 Like

Adv.Anand Majumdar (legal officer)     25 May 2011

hi,

The said exam is for getting sanad to praice as a lawyer u must require sanad and hence this exam is compulsory for all freshers, who r applying for sanad. 

Nirupom Dutta (advocate)     25 May 2011

not mandatory for jobs.

sanjay aggarwal (LAWYER)     25 May 2011

it is mandatory for state bar council enrollment without you cannot be practice, it is not mandatory for job ,you can give this exams only after passing the LLB.

A. Sulochana (Advocate)     26 May 2011

This Exam is only for recognition. Whoever is willing to practice before Court, they should write.   

Sanjay Sharma (Advocate)     26 May 2011

It is mandatory for practice, to appear before presiding officer of the court and to get vakalatnama signed.

mangala (asst)     26 May 2011

sir i would like to know what is the process of taking sanad. i had completed 3 yrs degree post of my graduation

mangala (asst)     26 May 2011

what is process for taking sanad or apprearing for this exam\

durgadutt mishra (advocate)     26 May 2011

no, it is not mandatory it is required only for the registration for practice as an advocate only.

valentine thakkar (advocate)     26 May 2011

Dear 

I passed LL.B. in the year 1982 and gave 3rd year LL.B. (Special) Exam in the year 2005 and passed it. Now I am a practing lawyer and getting good birefs. For practicing I had to pass the 3rd LL.B. Exam and get the Sanad from Gujarat Bar Council. Likewise you may appear in the exame now and get the Sanad because it would be difficult to pass the exam in your twilight years. If U prefer to take up a job, you may surrender your Sanad but when U want it back it would not be difficult and you would be given Sanad when you decide and no exam at that time would be required.

speakat@yahoo.co.uk (speakat@yahoo.co.uk)     03 September 2011

Hi Guys,

I would like to answer few points in this regards.

Firstly enrollment is not required if you are looking to joining any job. If you are already enrolled then you will have write to Bar Council advising them that you are intending to join a job and will not practice.

Secondly you can enrol into any bar council without writing the All India Bar Exam. It is not mandatory for you write to enrol as an Advocate.

Thirdly, the most important issue, once you enrol as an Advocate, I see that there are no rules or laws that prohibit you or stop you from practicing (Advocates Act, 1961). Only instructions are being given out advising not practice until completion of the All India Bar Exam. 

It will be in clear violation of of your rights as an Advocate (Advocates Act, 1961) under Article 14 and Article 19 (1)(g)  of the Constitution of India, if they stop the Advocate from practicing with no law in place prohibiting him to practice subject to All India Bar Exam.

Please correct me if i am wrong. This is for information purpose only.

Regards,

Tarun Dhingra (Advocate)     11 September 2011

speakat@yahoo.co.uk speakat@yahoo.co.uk [ Scorecard : 22] Thank the Contributor Send PM Hi Guys, I would like to answer few points in this regards. Firstly enrollment is not required if you are looking to joining any job. If you are already enrolled then you will have write to Bar Council advising them that you are intending to join a job and will not practice. Secondly you can enrol into any bar council without writing the All India Bar Exam. It is not mandatory for you write to enrol as an Advocate. Thirdly, the most important issue, once you enrol as an Advocate, I see that there are no rules or laws that prohibit you or stop you from practicing (Advocates Act, 1961). Only instructions are being given out advising not practice until completion of the All India Bar Exam. It will be in clear violation of of your rights as an Advocate (Advocates Act, 1961) under Article 14 and Article 19 (1)(g) of the Constitution of India, if they stop the Advocate from practicing with no law in place prohibiting him to practice subject to All India Bar Exam. Please correct me if i am wrong. This is for information purpose only. Regards, ANSWER-- I THINK AMENDMEND HAS BEEN MADE IN THE ADVOCATES ACT ..SO IF U WANT TO PRACTICE LAW U WILL HAVE TO PASS EXAM ... IF U WANT TO DO A JOB I THINK U WILL BE JOINING THE JOB IN LEGAL INDUSTRY ...IN THAT CASE COMPANY JOB PROFILE MAY REQUIRE U TO HAVE LICENSE TO APPEAR BEFORE COURT ..IF JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT OF SUCH KIND U CAN GO AHEAD WITHOUT PASSING THE EXAM GOOD LUCK

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register