Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Thakker (Advocate)     04 April 2008

Agricultural Land - Co-owmership with non agricultural persons

Dear reader,

One group of persons wants to purchase an agricultural land. They want to convert the said land into non agriculture, after purchase. Only one person is agriculturiest out of total members.

They make a co-ownership agreement between them and said agricultural land purchase by a person who is agriculteriest on behalf of them.

Now my quetions are as under:

1. Is it leagle?

2. If not what should I do?

3. If yes, can names of other cowners will entered into village forms after converting the said land NA on the basis of co-ownership agreement?

4. If not, please suggest me a best way to solve the question.

Learning

5 Replies

veenzar (Advocate)     04 April 2008

The person can apply for conversion of the land from agricultural to non-agricultural lands to the town and country planning authorities or the authorities concerned in your state. Thereafter that person can transfer undivided share in the lands to other persons of the grop so that they all become owners of the land

Guest (n/a)     06 April 2008

yes, it is leagal, the names will be entered if the agreement is registered as per law, they can form association and in the name association the property can be mutated.

Rahul R. Samant (Advocate)     03 May 2008

Law doesnt know co-ownership agreement in this particular query. My personal opinion is your agreement is not legal. Because at the time the person has executed the agreement the land was agricultural land and a non agriculturist cannot purchase a agricultural lane. According to me, it is better if a agriculturist himself converted the use of land. Then afterwards there is no hinderance at all.

Guest (n/a)     23 May 2008

1st in hwich state land situate , as per maharashtra state law land required t o be purchased by agriculturist only, or enter into agreemnt for sale subject to sanction of collector under MLR CODE.

m.kupparaju (Advocate)     21 June 2010

Dear Friend,

Before entering into any agreement better convert the land from agricultural to non-agricultural purpose through the original vendor.  After getting conversion of land from agricultural to non-agricultural purpose,  the sale process will become crystal clear and therewill not be any retriction on the purchaser/s, so that anybody/any number of person/s can become purchaser/s of that converted  land.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register