Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Seema Manji   15 September 2018

after father' s relinquishment rights in ancentral property what are rights of hindu grand son

hello..

my grand father has three son.he had 3 acre land .. one my uncle with undue influence made my father and one brother relinquish their rights in grand father's property.. this all happened 20 years ago..since now he only using that property ..I have born at the time of relinquishment ..now can I challenge that relinquishment

Learning

6 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 September 2018

Every relinquishment is through registered deed and such deed is having legal validity.   Depending on your age, contact a sincere local advocate and get his opinion, as possession and your present age, knowledge of such relinquishment are  important  and court fee on market value has to be paid on yiour proportionate share, and these things can only be discussed in person with advocate.

Seema Manji   16 September 2018

Thank you sir for your valuable suggestions... My age is 32 now

P. Venu (Advocate)     16 September 2018

Was the relinquishment through a registereed deed? How is that the property is ancestral? What is the stand of your father? When has this development come to your knowledge/

Seema Manji   16 September 2018

sir..I don't know that document is registered or not..we all were too young at that time..
That is ancestral property ..came from grand mother to family... my father want that property back as token of yelders grace..we came to know this development long back but could not take legal action because of family commitments ..so

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 September 2018

Please try to ascertain whether the document is registered or otherwise. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 September 2018

As far as I know Grandchildren are not legal heirs of Grand parents property, as per Hindu law when their fathers are living.  There is a limitation period within which such suit has to be filed.  The law is complicated as possession, knowledge of such alienation, role as co-sharers etc are involved in the case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register