Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sankar Mukhopadhayay (Sr.Advocate)     26 June 2014

Advocates are entitled to facilities enjoying by the court







Dear friends, do u you know that the State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission W.B. shifted from Bhabani Bhavan to Kreta suraksha Bhavan  approximately One year ago. At Bhabani Bhavan the advocates had a Bar  room and also enjoying parking inside the Bhabani Bhavan Premises But at Kreta Suraksha Bhavan,11A, Mirza Ghalib Street (Near New Market, Kolkata) no Proper arrangement for the Bar being allotted for the advocates. There is also no sitting arrangement for the consumers. Consumers, which includes aged / handicapped people from all over the State used to come at SCDRC W.B. but they had to walk from the Main entrance, since No Taxi or Private cars allowed inside the Khadya Bhavan Premises (Where Kreta Suraksha Bhavan) is located.    EVEN THE PRIVATE CAR OF THE ADVOCATES WITH LOGO OF BAR COUNCIL/BAR ASSOCIATIONS OF HIGH COURT AND OTHER DISTRICT COURTS BEING RESTRICTED TO ENTER UPON. NOW IT IS MOST EMBRASSING FOR THE ADVOCATES AT LARGE TO ATTEND   BEFORE THE HON’BLE COMMISSION AT 10.30 A.M. AFTER PARKING THEIR CAR OUTSIDE THE COURT PREMISES AT THE MOST BUSIEST HOURS OF THE DAY (outside parking is also not available at that time). Besides the advocates has to carry important documents/books and in monsoon or summer, it is horrible to carry the books and other documents at their shoulders.


Let this news be forwarded to all of your friends in order to mobilize our rights to practice over the Hon’ble Commission, with full such facilities as the Hon’ble Bench is enjoying. Because we, the advocates are the part of the court and deserve same facilities to sit, to park and to learn.


 3 Replies

A Truthseeker ( A retired Indian citizen)     27 June 2014

Satyamev Jayate 


Advocates are not part of the court but part and parcel of the court.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 June 2014

Make a representation through the concerned Bar Association to the Presiding officer of the court or to the district/high court

Prakash S Thakkar (B.S.L LL.B)     01 July 2014

Bhai mere, what's app aur fb par bhi upload karo, its very quick nd easy. I hv already posted on my fb

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query