Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lawrence William (Service)     16 July 2010

advocate practice

Dear Experts,

Mr X was charged with ipc 408 & 420  by his previous employers. Later he managed to get bail after 90 days judicial custody. He is a bar council memberalso, but  had never practised (privately )as a lawyer yet because of his job.Now he has no job on hand, can he start practicing as an advocate,  legal advisor or a lawyer?. Has he to inform the bar council about the same.? Can the bar council suspend his membership till the case is acquited? Can my learned friend discuss this issue on a wider stage? It's a matter of great concern for my friend as well as his future (bread & butter).

Learning

4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     16 July 2010

Your frnd need not to worry. There is no bar to him to practice as an advocate or to become a legal advisor. It is also not necessary him to inform about his practice to the bar council. If he has surrendered his sanad to the bar council then only he will to inform the bar council by following the procedure of the bar council.
1 Like

Ravikant Soni (LAWYER IN JAIPUR)     17 July 2010

i agree with rajoo

Adv.santosh (Hingoli{maharashtra})     18 July 2010

i am also agree with Adv.rajeev.

Sharad (Manager)     21 November 2010

Further to this,  experts & respected advocates, I have a query.

Can a llb graduate take sanad & then take up a full time job, thereby not being in active  practise , but still holding the sanad.

In the above case it seems the same.

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register