Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pradeep Kumar (CEO)     07 January 2012

Advice required for cheque bounce

Dear Sir,

One of my vendor has received money from me and placed my cheque to his bank account and sent me a Lawyer Notice for cheque bounce.

Can some body help me by advicing what exactly i can do now.

Kindly Advice
Best Regards
Thanks

Learning

7 Replies

j.ramachandrarao (advocate)     07 January 2012

reply to the notice ststing the facts.cheque is a compoundable offence.s/138 of N.i act

1881. even thouhg a penal section  can be settled.

j.ramachandrarao (advocate)     07 January 2012

reply to the notice stating the facts.cheque is a compoundable offence.s/138 of N.i act

1881. even thouhg a penal section  can be settled.

Advocate M.Bhadra   07 January 2012

First you should see your Bank Statement then reply in response said notice or settle the matter with the payee to avoid court or wait for summon from the Court.

ajay sethi (lawyer)     07 January 2012

howwas money paid by you to vendor? by cash or cheque? if by cheque was cheque encahsed . you have to in reply to legal notice mention all the said facts . contact a local lawyer

NAYAK MAFATLAL GORDHANDAS (BRANCH MANAGER)     07 January 2012

what is the reason mentioned for returning the cheque?

dawood ahmed (advocate)     08 January 2012

Mr. Pradeep, your case is not clear, you say

"One of my vendor has received money from me and placed my cheque to his bank account and sent me a Lawyer Notice for cheque bounce.

It seems, as presumed by some of the members, you had given the cheque to your vendor but subsequently you paid the money due under the cheque but instead of returning the cheque to you, he presented the same in bank and on its dishonour he gave the notice to you. If this is correct, you dont fail to reply the notice narrating the entire background. It will be very use ful in future when he initiates or files the case.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     08 January 2012

Well if case if filed face it , there will many loopholes and you can come out easily.

If proper home work is done , counter cases can also be filed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register