LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manjunath (Consultant)     29 October 2013

Advice on registration document cancellation

Hi, I had visited a plot in coimbatore and planned to purchase it. I had asked the owning party to prepare the document in my wife's name, but later I understood that it was an un approved plot and prior to registration, asked for clarification. I did not register though. They told that they'll get it approved in 3 months time, but after that I again asked whether approval was over... They said that document(for a price of Rs. 24500) is valid for 6 months(date of Purchase of Document is 03.05.2013.( as of now 6 months due is 03.11.2013). I am going for a cancellation application now(tomorrow  only).

The document writer has my document and he says that he'll get the letter of No Objection from the Document Vendor tomorrow. 

Now, my question is : if my date of submission of cancellation is going to exceed 6 months (say 5th of Dec 2013), will my document amount not be refunded( I mean will it become void), or will the treasury delay in refunding my amount.

Please Advice...

Learning

1 Replies

Adv Akhtar Ali Sheikh (Property Law Consultant)     29 October 2013

I presume by document purchase you mean stamp duty. If so since the agreement is not registered you need not register the cancellation deed. Approach the Stamp Duty official - generally known as Collector of Stamps and apply for refund.

Please do not sign it.

Generally there is a 6 months period for making application, your 6 months will end on 2/11/2013 and not 3/11/2013. 

If your document is unregistered you may be refused refund after expiry of 6 months which will be 2nd Nov. 2013 in your case.

All the above information is with respect to legal position valid for state of Maharashtra so please check the same at your place.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register