LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divith   01 July 2020


Hi Experts team, Can you please advice on this point? If there is a case pending in the court we being the defendants. Even though if there is a case in the court can we do transactions-like gifting the property to others or doing sale transactions? Generally I see many people do this-they do transactions even though if there is a case pending in court


 6 Replies

Adv Keches Shilwante (Partner @ Legal Biceps)     01 July 2020

No if there is status quo.A status quo order may be issued by a judge to prevent any of the parties involved in a dispute from taking any action until the matter can be resolved. It seeks to prevent harm or preserve the existing conditions, so that a party's position isn't prejudiced in the meantime until a resolution is reached.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 July 2020

Your advocate is the best person to give the proper suggestion.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 July 2020

Is there any injunction passed against the defendant(s) for creating third party interest in the suit property ?

What is the opinion and advise of your lawyer who is well aware about the facts and circumstances of the case, an able, competent and intelligent enough to guide you ?

1 Like

Divith   03 July 2020

Hi Sir,

Thanks for the reply,

Sir i wanted to know in general-

Only if a case is filed-might be partition or something like that-Can we do transactions?

And for sure if there is injection order there is no scope to do any transactions

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 July 2020

Any law is applicable to the facts/ averments / pleadings of the case and not general.

Be specific with real facts and not a hypothetical story.

Sunayana Chhabra   04 July 2020

If there is no stay order from the court, then you can transact the property. Feel free to contact at sunayana122@gmail.com for further assistance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register