LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Surya R (business)     24 February 2024

Adverse position by vendor

I am from Telangana.New help in the below situation.


My father purchased the property in survey number 492/F3  in the year 2007 with a link document as pahani. 

My father age was 70 years at the time of the purchase

My father initiated for survey in 2018 December.

Recently in Jan 2024 after survey we came to know that the registered survey number is land of vendor house and shown us with nonexisting boundaries at other location.

Actually, Vendor have house in Sy.No.492/F3 since 2004 which he sold to us and vendor only staying in property 492/F3 since time of me purchase.


Query: can the vendor claim adverse possession of the sold property?


 4 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     24 February 2024

No. But you shall obtain a rectification deed for the S.No. or the boundaries if S.No. tallies from the seller.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 February 2024

You have repeated the same question with lesser details but asking for the same remedy.

The answer given by me to this question repeated in another thread is asbelow:

First of all ascertain the title on your father's name by the registered sale deed, if there is an error in the survey number, you can issue a legal notice to the seller to execute a registered recitifcation deed recitfying the error. If he is not forthcoming then yoiu can approach court with a suit for specific relief to rectify the error. If the property was not bought by a registered sale deed, then you may have to demand execution of registered sale deed  in view of payment of full sale consideration amount.


Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     25 February 2024

Same story is being repeated time and again in different forms as observed from your profile, some of them are:

posted a new topic in forum Adverse position by vendor

posted a new topic in forum Accident case

posted a new topic in forum Sale through gpa

posted a new topic in forum How to file case under shops and establishments act or

posted a new topic in forum Sale deed issue

posted a new topic in forum Writ petition p 

posted a new topic in forum Insolvency and cheque bounce case

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/profile.asp?member_id=827503 

If you are not satisfied with obligation of experts on this platform you should seek professional service of a local prudent lawyer.

However, it is ridiculous and abuse of this platdorm to repeat same story.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 February 2024

Well said Dr. Vashista Sir, but will it make any difference to the querist

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register