LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krish (Engineer)     12 August 2013

Adjudication of poa

Dear Sir/Madame, 

I am Krishna from Bangalore. My uncle's son who is in USA now has bought a property in Bangalore and wants to give it on rent. This property is in his name ( son's name ). The son wants to give a PoA to his father( my uncle) so that my uncle can sign the rental agreement and other documents on behalf of his son. My uncle lives in bombay and has a permanent address in bombay.

I was told that such PoA has to be adjudicated with 3 months for keepings it valid. Since the son who is giving the PoA and my uncle who is receiving the PoA are not in Bangalore ( rather does not have a permanent address  anywhere in Karnataka) is it possible to adjudicate such a PoA in Bangalore registrar office. Property is in Bangalore, but the person issuing the PoA and one receiving have address outside of Karnataka. 

I will appreciate if someone could tell if this is possible and if so then is it legal and correct. 



 1 Replies

Jayendra Sevada (Advocate)     13 August 2013

It can be possible. He has to send a Power of Attorney to rent the flat at banglore, the same has to be signed before the consulate general under his seal anf signatures after that get it stamped before the concerned sub-registrar. dont forget to take the id proof of the executant of the poa.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query